Few luxuries in this world last a lifetime. But here in the beautiful Redlands, we still enjoy the beauty that first drew people to the land; a magic that’s still here for generations more to enjoy.
From bayside walks with the family, to a spot of fishing, here are the six best things about growing up around the Redlands.
- In the Redlands, almost everyone has a tinnie or a kayak. Warmed by the year-round climate we all love about the Queensland coast, the shimmering sea plays an important part in our lives today, just as the day we first set out in a tinnie with nothing but a fishing rod and a bag of lollies to keep us exploring for longer.
- Before ‘alfresco’ became a thing, we lived our lives outdoors. The Redlands has the best of bayside and bushland all rolled into one tranquil place; on one day you could be kayaking among the dugongs and on the other, you could be walking through the magnificent sub-tropical hinterland around Mount Cotton.
- While the Redlands is the epitome of relaxed country living, you never really have to venture too far for the buzz of town. Being right between Sunshine and Gold Coast, we’re really spoilt for choice. Victoria Point and Redland Bay are great little townships that still maintain a great village feel, while Brisbane is just under 40 minutes away too.
- Island hopping –just across the bay waters are the beautiful South Moreton Bay islands easily accessible by the regular service from Redland Bay. Each has it’s own unique charm and character with lots to see and do.
- Seafood galore – there’s nothing quite as delicious as seafood you caught yourself – and everyone has their ‘secret’ crabbing spots in South Moreton Bay. With plenty of bait and tackle shops along the bay where you can gear up and get some tips, it’s a really rewarding day even if you don’t catch a thing!
- The perfect sunrise – whether you’re a morning person or not, you’re in for a real treat. Wake every morning to the sun rising over the cascading islands is simply magical. Just make sure you don’t end up late for work!